Zervos Lawyers is highly recognised for their experience and expertise in hospitality law. We act on behalf of a number of clients in the hospitality industry including many of Melbourne’s most renowned restaurants and cafes.
Our trained lawyers assist clients through all stages of the planning and licensing process to ensure their businesses have a timely and successful start.
Hospitality law transactions can intersect across a range of industries and businesses. Zervos Lawyers understands the importance of providing strategic advice in order to minimise risks and maximise the commercial potential that arises out of business ventures.
Our areas of expertise in hospitality practice include:
- Sale and purchase of licensed businesses
- Sale and purchase of gaming venues
- Acquisition of freehold properties subject to leases of licensed businesses
- Preparation and advice concerning leases of licensed businesses
- Employment contracts
- Advising of appropriate structure
- Intellectual property
- New licence applications specialising in restaurants, cafe’s and hotels
- Transfer of liquor licence
- Variation of licence conditions (including red-line plans)
- Compliance advice
- Appearing at VCAT on behalf of licensees relating to applications by Police, Councils or the Director of Liquor Licensing Victoria to cancel, suspend or vary a license or to suspend a person from being involved in the liquor industry
- Appearing before panel hearings at Liquor Licensing Victoria
- Acting for objectors against the grant of a new license or a variation to an existing license
- Applications to VCAT to review a decision of the Director of Liquor Licensing
Gaming – Gambling Regulation Act 2003
- Applications for new Venue Operators Licenses
- Renewals of existing Venue Operators Licenses
- Applications for approval of premises to operate gaming machines
- Applications to increase the number of gaming machines on the premises