Zervos Lawyers provides legal advice in a range of industries relating to entertainment law. Our clients include venue owners, TV personalities, film & TV producers, documentary film makers, music producers and screenwriters.
We are adept in providing advice to rights owners, rights users, talent and artists. We focus on ensuring the legal framework of a project is in place. This allows our clients to achieve the maximum reward from their creative endeavours.
We understand the need of rights owners to protect the interests they hold in the work they have produced and we work to ensure that rights users are achieving the highest level of return on their investment.
When dealing with talent and artists, we are able to see the other side of the coin and the need for the intellectual property created by our clients to be protected.
In a digital age where content creators and producers are in a position to self-distribute content online, we understand the changing legal landscape that governs that distribution.
- Talent/performer agreements
- Promoter agreements
- License agreements between rights holders and rights users
- Distribution agreements
- Copyright advice for rights owner and users
- Film & TV cast & crew agreements
- Film & TV writer/producer agreements
- Film & TV music commission agreements
Film & TV Production
- Preparation, review and/or advice relating to agreements for all aspects of film & TV production
- Ensuring compliance with all legal deliverables associated with commercial distribution of content
- Liaising with commercial distributors and sales agents
Our expertise in workplace relations and employment law includes:
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts, enterprise agreements and workplace policies
- Acting for clients in relation to equal opportunity, bullying, harassment and discrimination claims
- Advising on unfair dismissal and adverse action claims
- Advising on workplace investigations and disciplinary matters
- Advising on occupational health and safety issues
- Advising clients in relation to privacy issues
- Advising clients in relation to industrial disputes